So in my recruitment group (aka the people whose cvs were accepted through the first round and were called for an interview) there were 4 different types of outfits
1) A shirt and black pants (the standard busser uniform)
2) Are you already a waitress? (white shirt, wide black tie and black pants)
3) I just came from studying at the uni but it’s all good (tshirt + jeans combo, or a floral dress+ cardigan combo)
4) I am professional, but I’m not deluded enough to wear heels, a-line skirt and a ruffly blouse when I’m applying for a wait staff position (black blazer with sleeves rolled up slightly to show the navy/white striped lining, black woollen dress with stockings and ankle boots, aka me)
and ever the rebel:
5) miss punk rocker it is so hard not to stereotype you when you are dressed like that to A JOB INTERVIEW (multiple hoops and piercings in various places, unkempt jet black hair, eyeliner drawn on incorrectly, some skrillex band tshirt, black torn-up jeans and nastay boots.)
Guess which one didn’t get hired?